Since there are over 5000 people that will be coming to Seattle this year for PASS Summit 2012 I was thinking to put together a list of things to do around the city.
First of all if you have not already done so, download the Guidebook app , search for Summit 2012 and load the official event schedule. This way any future updates will land right on your device.
- #SQLRUN organized by Jes Borland @grrl_geek This will be a 5K run on Wednesday, November 7th at 6:00 AM.
- Pike Place Market - about 6 blocks from the Convention Center on Pike St – It is one of the oldest continually operated public farmers’ markets. If you are a coffee addict like me don’t miss the second Starbucks location in the original brown color scheme.
- Seattle Monorail – You can ride a piece of history ($2.25 cash only/ one way) from Westlake Mall (2 blocks from Convention Center) to Space Needle and EMP
- Space Needle – Just like the monorail this iconic Seattle landmark was built for the1962 Seattle World’s Fair and featured in several movies like Elvis Presley’s It Happened at the World’s Fair
- EMP Museum (formerly known as Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame)
I also recommend Denny Cherry’s SQL PASS 2012 1st Timers Webcast (low res only). He has a few more tourist attractions on the slides.
I will continue to add items to this list, so come back soon.